SETTING UP YOUR COMPUTER
Written by THRIVE Program Teacher, Tyson Schoeber • Last Updated: 09.02.2013
The Academy programs work on most computers! You need:
- A recent (but not necessarily new) desktop or laptop computer. For technical reasons, the Academy programs do not work on iPads.
- A medium or high-speed Internet connection.
- An up-to-date web browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- A recent version of Adobe's free Flash Player.
If you are not sure that your computer meets these requirements, ask a family member or friend to check it out for you. 1
SET-UP & FIRST LOG-IN
- Turn off the blocking of pop-up windows in your web browser.
- Create a bookmark to this page for quick access to the Academy programs.
- On that page, check to see that the School field shows the word
THRIVE. If it doesn't, click on the drop-down menu and change it. (Your computer should remember that choice so you won't have to set it every time!)
- Ask your child to log into the Academy of Reading and the Academy of Math one time each, using their username and password.
If you followed these directions and the programs didn't work, review the trouble-shooting information found on this page.
If you still can't get it to work, please feel free to contact me for further assistance.
1. It may also be a good idea to take this opportunity to update your computer's operating system and anti-virus software — especially if you are running a version of Windows.