THE LEGO CREATIVITY CHALLENGE
Written by THRIVE Program Teacher, Tyson Schoeber • Last Updated: 02-23-20108
Lego is loved by kids (and adults) all over the world! This challenge encourages you to use your imagination and to share your best work with us.
The rewards outlined below are available to every THRIVE student who follows a few simple rules and submits a project for marking. In other words, this is not a contest where the prize you earn depends upon how your creation compares with others.
Friday, April 6th, 2018
These WONDERFUL books are full of ideas and building techniques to inspire your creations. One copy of each is available in our class library.
This regularly-updated site is filled with incredible creations made by LEGO fans from all over the world. You'll be amazed!
1. This is a project that you can work on at home in the evenings or on the weekends.
2. You may work on your own or with a friend but partners will split any rewards earned based on your own estimate of how the work was divided.
3. LEGO can be expensive! Therefore, please don't rush to the store to buy some just so you can take on this challenge! There's a very good chance you could find someone who will let you borrow some instead. Ask around!
4. You are welcome to bring in more than one project for display in the classroom. Yet the rewards you earn will be based on the creation that you ask me to mark.
5. Only original creations can be submitted for judging. Kits, sets and copies of other people's designs can be displayed in class but they can not earn rewards.
All submitted projects will evaluated by this rubric and can earn up to six Creativity Challenge Points