Some words are just hard to spell — for almost everyone! One old approach uses silly sentences, acronmys and little tricks to help people remember some of these words! Do any of these ones work for you?
- arithmetic — a rat in the house may eat the ice cream!
- argument — It's easy to get confused by this word! Is it argument or arguement? ANSWER:
I lose an 'e' in every argument!
- because — big elephants can't always understand small elephants
- believe — Never believe a lie.
- business — That strange business always starts on the bus!
- cemetery — I found three e's in the cemetery!
- February — BR! It's cold in February!
- friend — Friday ends the school week!
- hear — You hear with an ear!
- innocent — In no century would a murderer be declared innocent!
- island — An island is land surrounded by water!
- measure — You can be sure of your results if you measure carefully!
- necessary — never eat candy eat super salads and remain young
- piece — I have some pie! Want a piece?
- rhythm — rhythm helps your two hips move
- said — Sam ate ice-cream daily
- special — The CIA have special agents!
- their — They left all of their money to their son and heir.
- there — Did you know that there is a place just like here.
- together — Let's go to the store together to get her a nice present!